Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Job Search Begins . . .

The job search is serious.

Grown-up.

Hard work.

Responsibility.

Competition.

Pressure.

Stress.

Headaches.

Resumes.                                            

Interviews.  

In fact, it probably doesn't belong on this blog. I'm only writing about it because I graduate soon (major in Communications and minor in English) and I'm going to have to find a job. I thought I'd be resourceful and ask my incredibly large and rapidly inreasing number of blog followers for some ideas. In a nutshell, I would get to do this in my dream job:

Help others, employ my compassionate side, create often, exercise my talents and develop new ones, write, use as little technology as possible, but much face-to-face interaction and interpersonal communication.

I also like to:
  • Teach
  • Work with children
  • Make delicious smoothies
  • Read
  • Work with different cultures
  • Travel
  • Listen
  • Motivate
  • Work hard
If you have any ideas/connections/motivational comments/inspirational wisdom/words of comfort to share, please send them my way :) :)

Ok, but I promise my life is not really that boring. Today I joined the Black Student Union (in Provo one must seek out diversity if they wish to find it), a random guy-student (boy? man? I never know what word to use here) asked for my phone number, and little Jackson smeared his poop all over my arm while I was baby-sitting. What's not to laugh about? 

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you may need to get a Masters in Social Work :) You will find your niche. Even if you start out in a position you dont want to be in,it usually leads to one you will enjoy. I never would have thought I would have been advocating for the elderly, but it turned out to be the most perfect job I think I will ever have on many different levels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want you to do some time working for a nonprofit. I just made it sound like jail. But really, the pay is crap but I'd say it's an experience worth having. Go find something you're passionate about and dive into it. I think you're be perfect.

    ReplyDelete