Sunday, July 22, 2012

Open mouth, insert foot

        Some friends and I went on a group date my last night in Logan, which I decided to live up since, well, it was my last night. We ate dinner at a friendly, casual restaurant called Mo' Bettahs. In my effort to "live up" my last night, I dropped all inhibitions, including the one that filters my words before they come out of my mouth. In order to take the wrapper off my straw so I could drink my water, I pushed it all down to the bottom of the straw before I slipped it off. Once the wrapper was on the table, I used my straw to transport water from my glass to the wrapper, fully enjoying how the wrapper moved and grew as I watered it (it sure doesn't take much to make me happy). I was so delighted that I said out loud, "Good thing we're not in a very nice restuarant, so I can do this!" Logan caught my eye and said, "Whoa! Remind me never to bring Abby here on a date! Ya know, we talked about taking you girls to a nicer place but we figured you are such cool girls that it would be ok." And then, trying to make it mo' bettah, I said, "Uh...I mean, umm...this is a GREAT, casual restaurant! Look how fun it is, with those great straw curtain things. I mean blinds. I mean, I'm really glad we came here! Uh...this water is really good?" I was harrassed the rest of the night; I'm sure the guys will never let that one go.   

No comments:

Post a Comment