Sunday, July 22, 2012

A blanket of clouds that is just like . . . oh crap, I don't know

        Do you ever start saying something that you don't know how to finish? I feel like I've been doing that a lot lately. Sometimes you can just sort of trail off and no one notices, but sometimes all eyes are on you and you have to think of something to say! Friday night we were out watching Pioneer Day fireworks and I noticed that the sky was covered in dark, gray clouds, except for an isolated layer of blue to my right, at the bottom of the sky. It looked just like a blanket! So that's what I said. "The sky looks just like a blanket of clouds! Except over there, where it's like, umm . . . [uh oh...why did I say that? How the heck am I going to finish this clever analogy?] . . . the blanket ends." Yes, if they don't offer me the Pulitzer Prize for my brilliant string of words, then life just isn't fair!  

No comments:

Post a Comment