Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Shel Silverstein

Anyone who has ever read a Shel Silverstein book should appreciate this entry from the Diary of a Wimpy Kid The Last Straw.Good thing I never noticed his picture on the back of one of his books!

"There was this book Dad used to read to me every night called 'The Giving Tree.' It was a really good book, but the back of it had a picture of the author, this guy named Shel Silverstein. But Shel Silverstein looks more like a burglar or a pirate than a guy who should be writing books for kids.

 


"Dad must have known that picture kind of freaked me out, because one night after I got out of bed, Dad said, 'If you get out of bed again tonight, you'll probably run into Shel Silverstein in the hallway.'

"That really did the trick. Ever since then, I STILL don't get out of bed at night, even if I really need to use the bathroom."

(Thanks to Evan Fife for sharing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment