Tuesday, January 22, 2013

It's official: I got my diploma in the mail!

When I found a large envelope addressed to me laying on our porch the day after BYU said they were going to mail me my diploma, naturally I assumed that's what it would be (I mean, who would have thought it would have taken up to 10 days to travel two blocks from campus??). Jenny was already inside when I walked in, so I told her what I thought it might be and she said, "Wait! Do you have your camera?!"

"Yeah, I do! Let me just grab my phone!"

So I gave my phone to Jenny and she started taking pictures. Unfortunately, it wasn't my diploma after all.


Me all excited about my mail.


Jenny wanted some action shots.


Me being disappointed that it wasn't my diploma, but instead something boring about insurance. Oh, well. Insurance is just another sign of being grown-up, right?

When my real diploma came in the mail several days later, no one was home to photograph the moment. I opened the envelope in solitude, but asked Jenny to take pictures of it later. So, here's the real deal.


Yay for being a college graduate!! Now I'm just trying to figure out what to do with this fancy piece of paper. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Haha! Love the action shots for the insurance. Congrats on your diploma!

    ReplyDelete