Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Striving for an A

Last week was a stressful one. At one point I had to meet with my Literature and Film teacher to discuss my ideas for the upcoming 10-12 page paper (really, who has that much to say??). Despite my frenzied state, I managed to come up with what I thought to be a few decent ideas.

Hmm, he said when I met with him. Interesting. That could work. Tell me, have you thought about this? Or this? And you probably want to take a look at this. Why don't you take a look at those and get back to me later.

So my dilemma the last little while has been, do I go with my idea because it's decent and I'm excited about it because it's my own idea and therefore I would be more interested in writing the paper? Or do I go with his idea because the point of the class is for me to get an A and the best way to do that is to please the teacher, even if I'm not as excited about the topic?

I thought about this again last night and realized, Hey, I can just blend the two ideas! That way maybe I'll have enough to write 10 pages about!

I talked with him for a few minutes today after class, and told him about my adjusted idea. Yeah, he said. You could do that. I especially like that second idea (originally his). That would be really interesting.

Right. The second idea it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment