Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Thanks, Stranger

This morning I was walking up the looonnng hill to campus, on my way to my creative writing class, when I heard a male voice say, "hey" behind me. I looked over at him as he caught up, thinking it was probably someone I knew from my apartment complex, but he didn't seem familiar to me at all.

"Hey," I said, and smiled, because what else do you do? Maybe he just wanted to strike up a conversation. I'm all for meeting new people, and it didn't hurt that he was kinda cute.

He didn't respond for what felt like a few seconds, but instead looked at my backpack. I quickly visualized my backpack in my head. The only thing interesting on it is a green pin from the Kennedy Center that says Expand your World.

"Your backpack's open."

"Oh," I said, surprised. I could have sworn I'd zipped that baby up. "Thanks!"

I stopped and swung my backpack around to fix it and he kept walking. The end.

2 comments:

  1. He must have been struck by your beauty once he saw your face and didn't know what to say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least it was just your backpack zipper!

    ReplyDelete