Tuesday, September 18, 2012

What ya got cookin'?

        My roommates and I love each other so much, we take turns cooking for each other, eat dinner together as a little roommate family, and even clean up the kitchen together. Since we started doing this, I really feel more prepared to take on these domestic responsibilities as a future wife and mother!


        When I came downstairs earlier today to see if Rachel wanted any help with cooking, I saw this:


        Well, except minus the zucchini, since that wasn't added yet. Basically, I just saw two groups of orange, and I knew one of them was carrots, but I couldn't quite figure out the other one. I swear it looked like peaches, but who the heck fries peaches?

        "Hey Rach, is this..."

        I really wanted to get this right. Somehow I would fail if I didn't.

        "Ummm..."

        While my mind was busy deciding whether it was plausible that this orange fruit was, indeed, peaches (that could be really good! Maybe?),

        "Oohh, it's a..." I was about to get it! It was on the tip of my tongue!

        I noticed a cantaloupe on the counter.

        "Oh, it's a cantaloupe!"

        Rachel looked at me like Carly looks at Bella when Bella thinks the grass is blue.

        It wasn't cantaloupe. It was squash. Go figure : /

2 comments:

  1. Squash does make more sense! That's sweet that you guys cook for each other.

    ReplyDelete