Sunday, September 30, 2012

Something fishy

         Tyler and I went fishing in the Provo River this weekend? Can you guess the last time I went fishing? I was probably ten years old. I told Tyler I would only go if we threw the fish back...but of course I made him do it.


        We'd been fishing for about 30 or 40 minutes when I finally caught this bad boy. 


        To be honest, part of me was secretly hoping I wouldn't catch anything at all. Did I mention I'm terrified of fish? I don't like being in the same water as them, I don't like them nibbling at my legs and feet, I don't like the way they small or taste, and I definitely don't like how fish squirm on the hook when I'm holding it up next to my face for a picture. But life is about facing our fears, right? Did you even notice the fear in my eyes in the above picture? Or did I hide it that well?? 

        Tyler caught a fish right after I did. He's not afraid of anything. That's why we're friends.

1 comment: