Monday, September 3, 2012

Double Blind Date

        I would love to just blog all day about the cool people I meet, the strange ones, my roommates' most embarrassing moments, my juicy dating life, etc. You would all be thoroughly entertained by my adventurous life I'm sure, but for the sake of friendship, dignity, and privacy (and the fact that anyone can easily link to this blog via my facebook site), I tend to blog mostly about myself. However, some stories are too good not to be shared, and so I change names, use vague details, and sandwich those posts in between others, but I really hope some of the original humor and irony still shines through. 

        The story I'm thinking of happened on Saturday. My roommate and I went on a double blind date. Now, if you know me you know I hate blind dates and since returning from my mission decided that they are not necessary any unless I feel strongly impressed otherwise, but I couldn't say no to this one because I was setting my roommate up with a mission friend and he wanted to make it a double. So I took one for the team and agreed to a completely blind date. Like, I literally didn't know anything about him except his name--no height, weight, body type, eye color, age, or hometown. Despite that, the date went surprisingly well. We got along great and there was not one second on the date where I thought ok, take me home now, please! It was just great and I would probably go out with him again.

        Now, the funny thing is what I found out the next day: that my blind date's older sister recently married a guy I dated a few years back. So they're, like, brothers-in-law. Think about how crazy that is! Small world, hè? I wish I could give you more insight into the relationship, their personalities, the date, certain conversations I'd had with my roommates earlier that day, my own thoughts and unanswered questions to help you understand how utterly ironic and funny that is to me, but it goes back to the first paragraph of this post. I swear, my life is never boring and I love it. There are always things to laugh about!                  

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like blind dates can be worth the risk! I'm glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to need a little bit more info on this since you left it pretty vague! You seem to always have the most interesting connections with people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is true-Abs always does have the most interesting connections! And I feel privileged to have made it on your blog, even as a side character. :)

    ReplyDelete