Monday, August 6, 2012

Mean girl syndrome


       I decided today that mean girl syndrome is simply inherent in most girls. Audra (four) and Bella (two) have very different personalities, but normally play very nicely together. You can tell they really love each other. Today they were sitting by each other eating lunch when something happened . . . I can't even remember what. Maybe one of them touched the other's food or something. Anyway, whimpering instantly begins, and when Audra tries to talk to Bella, Bella says (in her little girl voice), "I'm mad at you!" and Audra says, "Well, I'm mad at you!" Both of them turn away from each other with the meanest faces they can muster, Bella pulls her food farther away from Audra and says, "I'm going to eat like this!"

        "Well, fine!"

        After just a few seconds of silence, they start to giggle together again and Carly says, "It's silly to be mad at each other, isn't it?"
       
        "Yeah," says Audra, giggling even more.

        When suddenly Bella snaps again, "I'm mad at you!"

        To which Audra replies, "I'm mad at you more!"

        "No, I'm mad at YOU!"

        "Well, I'm mad at you the most!"

         I'm certain they didn't learn this from Carly and I don't know where else they may have picked it up. I think they must be born with it!




2 comments: