Monday, August 6, 2012

Can I have yo number? Can I have it?

        Yesterday was my first time in my new Gilbert singles ward. I LOVE making new friends! Love it love it love it. One of my new friends is named Dan. I met him at a dinner held in the church after the service when I sat down at his same table. It was one of those awesome situations where I was trying to eat and simultaneously carry on a conversation with someone who was already finished eating and so didn't have to worry about food in his mouth. Anyway, the conversation was flowing pretty easily and I started to think, "Yeah, I could definitely be friends with this guy!" Somehow the conversation turned to the Gilbert Historical Museum and I asked him if he'd ever been there. His response: "Do you want me to take you there? I can take you." Bahaha! It made me laugh, because I immediately thought, Um, did I say something that implied I wanted you to take me there? Because I was really just making conversation. But I said yes because I gave him props for being bold (and I really would like to check out the museum! I'm kind of a nerd that way). Part of me left thinking, You might as well have come out and asked, "Can I have yo number? Can I have it??"*

*I included a link to the video so you can see what I'm referring to. There are a few swear words, though!  

1 comment: