Monday, August 13, 2012

Looks can be deceiving

        Last night I was with a group of friends at a church activity when I met a girl. No idea how old she was, but old enough to be graduated from college and be interviewing for a fancy job with a bank. During the course of our conversation, we talked about a lot of the normal things: names, jobs, friends, hometowns, favorite activities . . . you know. She was surprised when I told her I'd been on a mission. "You don't look old enough to have served a mission!" she told me (in the LDS church, women don't serve missions until after they are 21). When I asked her how old I looked, she said, "Like 19, max!" I'm sure that when I was 19 I wouldn't have liked hearing that I looked like a 14-year-old, but I was super flattered to hear that I now look five years younger! Funny how that happens, isn't it?

        Below is a picture of me when I was 19, and below that is another more recent picture. So I guess you can decide for yourself!  
  

2 comments:

  1. The older you get, the more of a compliment it is to hear that you look younger! You look beautiful at both ages, but have a little more of a confident look about you now!

    ReplyDelete