Thursday, July 26, 2012

Missed the bus

        Here is an entry from my Dutch friend, Stephanie. Unless they've had birthdays since I left a couple months ago, Gabriël is one and Eva-Sophie is two. I love how her kids are so patient and help her realize things aren't really so bad after all. That must be part of what Christ means when He commands us to becomes as little children (Matthew 18:1-5; 3 Nephi 9:22).

        I left in the first part just to validate my first post :). Thanks for writing it in English, so I don't have to translate! 

        I read some of your blog and it made me laugh. Sure, when I trip.. I just walk on :) So I decided to tell you one of my "funny" stories that ...almost made me cry. It was a wonderful sunny day in Holland (we don't have much of those lately) so I took my kids to the swimming pool. Gabriël got tired so I decided to go home and catch the bus at a certain time. I rushed the kids so they would be on time for the bus. We arrived 4 minutes early and I got my kids something to drink. When I turned around.. our bus just drove by.. Really I could cry! But Eva-Sophie said: "Ohhh.. Mamma, is niet erg. Er komt nog een bus!" (Ohhh...Mommy, it's ok. Another bus will come!) So I thought.. instead of crying about it.. it would be better to laugh about it ;). I still had to wait another 30 minutes for the next bus.. but I just enjoyed my kids while they picked some flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment