Saturday, July 7, 2012

Blog Inspiration

        I never noticed particulars about American culture until I spent nearly two years among a variety of other cultures. For example, when an American trips, she immediately looks around to see who noticed. If anyone did, they share a moment laughing about it. When a Dutch person trips, on the other hand, she keeps on walking like nothing happened.* You'd ask yourself twice if anything DID happen. And you just might miss out on your chance to laugh about it. 
        The point is, funny things happen every day. Hilarious things, even. I learned on my mission to spot them, and some days that's what kept me sane. Now that I'm home, I want to write about it. Yes, I want to share the humorous situations I encountered on my mission, and I want to share the humorous things that still happen to me every day. And I want to invite you to do the same. I've heard that when crazy things happen to us, we can choose either to laugh or to cry. So why don't we laugh about it? 
        Please, e-mail me your funny stories and I just may post them! 
        *I do not hold this against the Dutch. In fact, it's one of the many reasons I love them so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment