Sunday, November 11, 2012

Girl's night!

I honestly can't remember the last legit sleepover that I've had, and this weekend I got two! The first one was with about 8 or 10 girls from church. One of the local leaders and his wife let us come to their house and use their basement, which is practically a guest home itself!

Our group came in a few different cars, and my roommates and I were in the first wave. We had the address of the home where we were going, but it was dark and snowing so we couldn't find it very easily. Jenny and I made our best guess and dragged Averill and Rachel with us up to this door:



Though I may just have been mesmerized  by the enchanted quality of the home (doesn't it look like a cottage from a fairly tale?). We knocked on the door while holding all our bags/blankets/pillows as we disagreed about whether or not this was the right house. It wasn't. My story would be 10x better if some stranger had actually answered the door and found us on the porch ready to stay the night at their house, but fortunately no one was home...

And so we wandered next door to the RIGHT house--another dreamlike home surrounded by a white blanket of untouched snow (one of my favorite things in the world).




Our sleepover consisted of snacking on fruit and candy, telling worst-date stories, and pampering ourselves with green masks while watching the oh-so-charming Amanda Bynes in What a Girl Wants.




 To keep myself awake during the late-night movie, I creatively braided my roommates' hair. The whole night was great bonding time :)



No comments:

Post a Comment