Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pineapple or plastic?

Averill and I went grocery shopping this morning and I bought a pineapple (yum!!). I don't know how most people feel about putting pineapples in plastic bags, but I always do it ever since a cashier at Wal-Mart told me it protected her hands from the sharp pineapple leaves. This morning I was putting my pineapple in a plastic bag and shook it around ever so slightly to get it in a good position. The pineapple fell right through the flimsy bag and onto Smith's floor. I looked around like a true American (see blog inspiration), hoping to catch Averill's eye or maybe someone else's so we could share a moment laughing about it, but when I saw Averill she just asked me if she should get one or two heads of lettuce. I told her and then picked the pineapple off the ground and set it gently in a new bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment