Tuesday, October 9, 2012

One of those days

My first mistake of the day: I forgot to transfer my house keys from my purse to my backpack.

After having a pleasant conversation with a boy from my ward, I walked back to my apartment only to discover that the front door was locked and none of my roommates were home. 

My second mistake was bigger. Do you ever get to the check-out stand just to realize you left your wallet at home? If you haven't, you might one day, but don't feel bad because I did it first!

After my meticulous journey through the grocery store (I'm talking take my time, weigh the fruits and vegetables, track price totals on my calculator, and change my mind a few times like I always do), I am finally satisfied enough to approach the cash register. I carefully set all my items on the black slidey thing (anyone know the name for that??) and throw on some tic-tacs for a last-minute splurge. I smile at the cashier and we begin to make pleasant small talk. It's then that I realize I don't have my wallet with me. No cash, no credit card--nothing. It's all still sitting in my backpack at home on my bed. 

I have no choice but to confess this to kind-cashier-lady. Kind-cashier-lady then proceeds to ring up all my items and graciously sets my bags at her feet while I place a phone call to my wonderful roommate, Jenny. Jenny, in all her angelic glory, emerges through the door mere minutes later and heroically hands me my wallet.

Saved by my roommate. 

I hug her, feeling much less ashamed now that she's here.   

2 comments:

  1. That makes for an awkward moment at the grocery store! I had to run home from Stater Bros once when that happened!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you had a tough day. I have forgotten my wallet on a Smith's trip before, but had my checkbook. I had to call Joey to have him find my wallet and tell me my driver's license number for them to accept the check, but I made it through.

    ReplyDelete