Sunday, August 26, 2012

Monsoon

        At first I was unsure about moving to the Arizona desert during the hottest time of the year, but once I remembered that August is monsoon season, I began to really look forward to this new adventure.

        When I experienced a lot more 110-degree + days than storm days, I was pretty disappointed. But then I was SO BLESSED to experience this crazy storm just my second to last day in Gilbert. And I mean crazy. This video definitely doesn't do it justice, but at least it gives you an idea of our experience. The funny thing is that the storm seemed to only be at this hotel. When we drove back to Carly and Rich's house (about 10 minutes away) afterward, there were no signs of a raging monsoon there! I never heard anything about it from anyone else!

       

1 comment:

  1. The video definitely doesn't do justice to that storm! I'd never seen anything like it either!

    ReplyDelete